AKO, which is the abbreviation of Army Knowledge Online, is the term used to call an online portal for the Army and military personnel of United States. It is really huge, the biggest in the world. it is also private and intranet. This one is like the platform for the members of the military to communicate with each other. The official website of it is us.army.mil.
My Pay is usually used within AKO. For anyone who just heard this term now and have no idea what it is, this guide might be helpful for you to at least know a bit about it.
About My Pay
My Pay or myPay refers to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service or DFAS application, which makes it possible for you to view your pay information and pay something related to changes. It has a few functions, including viewing, printing, and saving leave and earnings statements; viewing and printing tax statements; changing federal and state tax withholdings; updating the information about the back account and electronic fund transfer, managing allotments; making address changes, purchasing the U.S. Savings Bonds; viewing and printing travel vouchers; and controlling Thrift Savings Plan enrollment.
Having a registered My Pay account is a must if you want to have a successful My Pay login. Accessing it is easy and there are a few steps that have to follow. The first one is to make an account of My Pay. This one requires you to fill in the information on a page that is able to be accessed via https://mypay.dfas.mil.
Step by Step Instructions to Follow to Set Up My Pay Account
- Locate the new user module on the right side of the screen.
- Read how new accounts are added to find out when to expect your first password.
- Once you receive your password, click the Create your My Pay Profile button.
- Enter your full Social Security Number (SSN) without spaces or dashes and the temporary password provided.
- Then, click Submit.
- Follow the specific guidelines listed on the page to create a customized login and password. Enter them in the fields provided then click Create Account.
- The login ID and password have been established. Click Continue.
- Click to accept the terms of the user agreement.
- Select eight security questions to assist later with account recovery.
- When finished, click Continue.
- Answer the questions selected using the guidelines on the page for creating answers. Then, click Submit.
- The security questions have been established. Click Continue.
- Next, enter your email address twice. Click Next.
- Now, verify the new email address. If correct, click Submit.
- Click Previous if you want to make changes.
- Your email address has been saved, click Continue.
- Enter a mobile number too receive texts from My Pay or click remind me later.
- Select your mobile career, enter your mobile number in the field provided, and check the box to consent to receiving text messages. Then, click Next.
- Verify the new phone number. If correct, click Submit.
- Click Previous in case you want to make changes.
- The My Pay account has now been established.
My Pay Email Confirmation
The email confirmation is important to ensure that the process of confirmation is being processed. Prior to the account activation, it is needed for the person who is registering to access their email to access the message. In the email, there will be a link that has to be clicked in order to activate the account. This process needs to be done to ensure that the email address is certified because when the process is not there, it is easy for you to guess an email address and get access to the account.
Once the account has been activated, you are allowed to access the account by giving the credentials that you gave before. In this step, you will be able to see a few options related to My Pay account that you can choose. It means the individual who is responsible for the series of actions before will have a chance to have a full and accepted account that they can use. The link that is included in the email can take you directly to the page but then you will be needed to give login information subsequently.
Remembering the facts related to the logion credentials is important due to the fact that there is no way for you to have access without them. It is possible for you to forget the password. In this kind of case, you will have to answer a series of questions through email to access the forgotten password. Those who manage to successfully answer all the questions well will get the password back. After using your My Pay account, you are suggested to log out. It is highly recommended to reduce the chance of the others from accessing the account that you have. Logout is the safest way to make sure that there will be no transactions happen without the permission of the user.
In case the information above is not that clear and you have more questions to ask, you are able to reach out the Customer Care center. To contact them, the information about it is available on the My Pay menu which is usually the fifth option.
For more information about My Pay, the best way is to visit its official website. In case you are having a hard time, you are encouraged to contact the customer service of My Pay at phone at 1-888-DFAS411 or 1-888-332-7411. Since it is toll free, there is nothing to worry about being charged. The phone number is available on Monday to Friday from 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM ET. If you are too lazy to talk directly to the customer service, the alternative way to get in touch with them is by sending an email. You might also want to get in touch with the members of the communities related to My Pay and AKO.