What is your AKO username? How to find your AKO username? If you come to this page to find out that information, you are at the right page. Here we are going to reveal that information. Also, we are going to talk about AKO username generation. Keep on reading this page.
What is your AKO username?
Your AKO username is based off of your first and last names, using a period as a separator. For instance, when a user named John Smith registers for an AKO account, he is given the username john. So their possible username could be john.
How to find your AKO username?
If you have forgotten your AKO username and want to find your AKO username, you do not worry as the portal has a function to remind you.
Here are steps to find or get your AKO username:
- At the first step, you have to go to the portion of the portal where you log in with your username and password.
- Then, you are going to see the link which says “Remind Me” just above the upper right corner of the username box.
- When you click this link, it is going to ask you to enter your external email address or your SSN or your EDIPI.
- If you want to enter your EDIPI and need to retrieve it, check on how to retrieve your EDIPI.
- After you enter the correct information, then your username will be sent to the external email address you have on file with them.
How to change your AKO username?
Sometimes, you may want to change your AKO username. So, how to change your AKO username. Do not worry as here we also want to explain it.
Here are steps to change your AKO username:
- At the first step, you have to log into your AKO account.
- After that, you are able to click on the ‘My Account’ tab.
- Then, you have to click on ‘Mail Preferences’.
- Please click on ‘Mail Options’.
- Now, you have to put a check in the box labeled “Reset display name to: [your display name here].
- Afterwards, click on ‘Submit’
- Choose your display name.
- Lastly, click on ‘Submit’
How to change your AKO password?
Talking about changing your AKO username, now you may also want to change your AKO password. Well, in the text below, we are going to share the way to change your AKO password.
Here are steps to change your AKO password:
- At the first step, you have to log into AKO with your CAC.
- After that, you are able to click on the My Account tab.
- The next step is to click on the Account Settings.
- Now, you are able to click on Change Password.
- Please enter a new password following the directions on the screen into the fields “New Password.”
- Also, you will need to confirm your new password.
- Lastly, click on the submit button.
For note: Need to know, sometimes when you type in your new password, it is going to look like you did not do it right, because it is going to come back to the same page. For this case, you are able to scroll to the top of the page where you are going to see one line of the text which will be green for a successful change, or red that will tell you a reason why it did not change.
AKO username generation
As we said before, here we will also talk about AKO username generation. If you want to get that information, keep reading the following text.
You have to know that usernames on AKO follow policy guidance from the Army. There have been some standards for usernames since AKO has been stood up and so that you may see usernames which fall outside of the boundaries of their current policies. Their current guidelines follow below and if you need a username change the account name will have to match their current guidance.
Policy: Their full policy on AKO username formatting will be able to be found at the following link. This document covers their individual account naming policy, their naming policy for Utility accounts, and whom to contact for username appeals. Here is link; https://www.us.army.mil/suite/doc/13359518
Requirements: When you register for an account on AKO, their system is going to try to match you to one of their authoritative databases. If it finds a record for you, then you are going to be given a username which matches their current guidance. For your information, their current username format includes your full first name, full last name, and your middle initial.
Length: Because the user account names on AKO are assigned automatically, length requirements will likely not affect any individual directly. For your information, the maximum limit of your AKO username is 60 characters (plus four character qualifiers such as .ctr or .mil). Also, utility account names must fit this length requirement, however the additional requirements for utility account naming make it unlikely you will hit the limit.
Errors (mis-matching or guest verification): If your AKO username does not correctly reflect your name, then you are able to call the helpdesk to effect a username change on your account. This will apply if you have had your name legally changed, or if somehow there is a mis-spelling which is not reflected in your personnel records.
If your AKO username does not correctly reflect the name which they have on record (this is usually due to the creation of a Family Member account prior to that family member showing in their sponsor’s DEERS entry, before their system has an opportunity to provide the correct username) then you are going to be unable to set your guest account to be a verified guest account. If you or your sponsor has any problem in verifying your guest account, then you are able to call the helpdesk.