Do you want to change your profile on AKO? If you want to change it, you need to know how to do that. Here, we have some guides related to profiles on AKO.
To Change or Update My Personal Information on AKO
When we were trying to find the information about how to change my profile on AKO, the information that we got was about how to update my personal information on AKO. So, how can I change or update my personal information on AKO? However, before we tell you how to do that, it is important for you to know that you are only able to change certain information in your AKO/ DKO account. If you want to change your personal or organizational information in your AKO/ DKO account, here are the things that you have to do.
- First, you have to log into AKO or DKO.
- After that, you need to click on the My Account tab.
- Then, you need to click on Account Information.
From there, there is an access to be able to change the information available in your account.
There is also a new check box option that you can choose whether or not to show your cell phone to anyone who can see your profile. However, it is default to be unchecked so that your phone number will not be seen by others.
You are also able to change the Profile information on your account by following the steps below.
- First, you have to log into AKO/ DKO.
- After that, you have to click on the My Account tab.
- Then, click on myProfile Page.
All other information in your account will have to be updated with your personnel office.
How to Edit My Profile Page on AKO
You may want to change your profile page or you do not want others to see your profile page. Or, do you want to delete the information in your profile page? Below, we have the steps to add or remove channels to the profile.
- First, you have to log in to the portal.
- Then, you need to open the My Account menu.
- After that, choose myProfile Page.
- And then, you have to click on the Profile Settings on the left.
- In this step, you have to click on the Additional Settings on the left.
- At last, under Allow Layout Customization, you have to choose Yes and then submit.
Do you want to add a channel? If you want to do that, you are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to click on Create A New Channel On This Page.
- After that, you have to choose the channel type.
- Now, you have to name the channel.
- Here, you have to choose the channel template.
- Now, you have to choose whether you want the channel to be shared.
- Choose a location for the channel.
Now, you may want to know how to remove a channel. If you want to remove a channel, you are able to follow the instructions below.
- If you want to remove a channel, the first thing that you have to do is to click the ‘x’ which can be found in the upper right of the channel that you want to remove.
- After that, if you find that the channel is shared, you have to choose the option to delete it from all pages so that it will remove it from all pages. Otherwise, only the channel on the page you are seeing will be removed.
- And finally, you can click on Remove.
AKO stands for Army Knowledge Online. It provides web-based enterprise information services to the United States Army, joint and Department of Defense customers. According to Wikipedia, enterprise services are provided to these customers on classified and unclassified networks and include portal, directory, email, discovery and single sign-on functionality. All members of the Active Duty, Reserves, National Guard, Army civilian and select contractor workforce have an account which gives access to Army web assets, tools and also services worldwide.
All users are able to build pages, create file storage areas and create and take part in discussion on the portal. AKO gives the Army a single entry point to access to the internet and the sharing of knowledge and information so that it makes AKO the Army’s only enterprise collaboration tool operating in the Department of the Army worldwide.
Now, AKO has 2.3 million users who are registered and it supports more than 350k users logging in up to a million times a day and also getting and sending on average 12 million emails daily.
As of October 2010, all active duty, reserves and national guard soldiers are asked to register an account on AKO. For your information, there are two types of accounts on Army Knowledge Online including a full account and a guest account. If the account is authorized fully, it does not need any sponsorship to register and it includes Army Retired, Army Reserve, Active Army, Contracted ROTC Cadets, DA Civilian, Future Soldiers, Medical Retired, NAF Civilian, National Guard, and US Military Academy Cadets.
It is different from a full account, a guest account needs an Army sponsor with an authorized full account. A guest account include the things such as Contractor, Army Volunteer, Foreign Officer which is attached to US Army, Federal Civilian Agencies, Homeland Security, Incoming Future Soldier, Incoming DA Civilian, Medical Discharge, Local National Employee, Military Transition and ROTC Cadets (MS I and II).
It is mandatory to register for an AKO upon enlistment in the Army. Access to AKO follows DoD security policy and it is done by password or by a combination of a Common Access Card (CAC) and PIN. The requirements for the password of AKO are strict where the password needs to have at least two uppercase letters, two lowercase letters, two numbers, and two special characters. Every 150 days, the password will expire and it may not be able to be replaced by any password used the previous ten times.